Dental Exams in Lehi, UT
Keep Your Teeth and Gums Healthy
You should see a general dentist for an exam at least every 6 months. During these visits, your dentist will examine your teeth and gums, clean them, and discuss any dental problems. Dr. Harris performs routine dental cleanings and exams at our office in Lehi, UT. If it’s time for your or your child’s exam, contact Vero Dental today to schedule an appointment.
Why Are Regular Dental Exams Important?
Regular exams with your dentist are critical to preventing, detecting, and treating oral health issues quickly and effectively. The health of your mouth is a gateway to your overall health. If there is an issue in the mouth, there will likely be a consequential issue to your body’s health. Dentists are trained to detect many other issues during these appointments, including:
- Gum disease, also known as periodontal disease, which is a leading cause of tooth loss
- Gingivitis, a mild form of gum disease that causes red and irritated gums
- Infections caused by bacterial buildup, which can result in chronic bad breath
- Oral cancer, which has a high success rate when detected early
In addition to identifying existing problems and preventing new ones, dental exams are a great time to also have your teeth professionally cleaned. Dr. Harris and his team can educate you on better oral hygiene habits, such as regular brushing and flossing, and walk you through every detail of your dental health.
As well as ensuring your smile is always at its best, staying on top of your oral health with routine visits helps prevent many dental problems from occurring. By seeing a dentist regularly, any abnormalities can be addressed and treated promptly to preserve your natural teeth.
What Happens During a Dental Exam?
When you visit our dental office in Lehi, Utah, you will be greeted with many smiles. We take dental X-rays at every 6 month exam. These X-rays help us keep track of changes to your teeth and their roots. We will assess your bite and talk about any concerns you have about your teeth or dental health.
We care about your overall health as much as we care about your dental health. A dental exam also includes an evaluation of your body’s health, such as your blood pressure. If there is an issue with your health, it may indicate an issue with your dental health. Periodontitis (a severe gum infection) has been linked to systemic health problems, including heart disease, arterial blockages, and stroke. Dr. Harris examines your mouth for signs of disease and, if detected, will work with you to create a treatment plan.
Exam appointments are a great time to explore your options for restoring your smile’s appearance. Over time, teeth naturally lose their whiteness and wear down. At Vero Dental, we are experts in cosmetic dentistry and offer many treatments that can improve your smile and your confidence.
When to See a Dentist
While a dental exam every 6 months is recommended, you should contact our office for an appointment if you experience any of the following:
- Pain in your gums, teeth, cheeks, throat, neck, or around the tongue
- Gums that bleed when you floss or that appear puffy
- You hide your smile because of a missing tooth or feel embarrassed to show your teeth
- If you’ve undergone previous restorative work, such as fillings, crowns, bridges, veneers, or implants, so we can ensure they’re in great shape
- Difficulty chewing or swallowing
- Ongoing dry mouth
- Jaw pain or clicking in the jaw joint (TMJ)
- Any changes to the inside of your mouth, such as lumps, bumps, patches, or discoloration
Dr. Harris and his skilled team perform dental exams to patients of all ages, and we look forward to meeting you and discussing how we can help improve your health and confidence.
Your Destination for a Beautiful Smile
Learn more about our skilled dentist, the services we provide, and the Vero Dental difference.