Professional, Comfortable Teeth Cleaning
Your oral health impacts your overall health. Professional dental cleanings are an excellent way to ensure your mouth and your body are healthy. At Vero Dental, your comfort is top priority. We offer complimentary noise-cancelling headphones, sunglasses, and several types of anesthesia for patients with dental phobias or who are concerned about pain.
We recommend having a routine cleaning every 6 months. If it’s time for your teeth cleaning, contact Vero Dental in Lehi, UT, today to schedule an appointment with our specialists.
What Happens During a Dental Cleaning?
A dental hygienist will take X-rays or 3D scans of your mouth, depending on if you have had recent scans or the treatment you are receiving. We will then guide you to a dental chair for cleaning.
During a deep cleaning, a hygienist uses special tools to remove plaque and tartar from the surface of the teeth. Having some plaque and tartar buildup is common; excessive buildup, however, can lead to infection, tooth decay, and other dental issues. This type of buildup can only be removed by a professional. Once the teeth are cleaned, they will rinse your mouth, and polish and floss your teeth for a beautiful end result.
Dr. Harris will perform a final examination of the teeth and gum line. Once your exam is complete, we will answer any additional questions you have about your smile and discuss any other treatments you may be interested in.
How to Practice Good Oral Hygiene
Vero Dental is your support system, in and out of the office, for great dental care. Here are steps you should take every day to maintain good oral hygiene:
- Brush your teeth for 2 minutes twice per day with a soft bristled toothbrush that fits in your mouth. You should be able to reach all areas of your mouth with the toothbrush. Replace your toothbrush every 3 or 4 months, or when the bristles start to fray.
- Hold the toothbrush at a 45 degree angle from the gums. Brush the inner, outer, and chewing surfaces of every tooth. Turn the brush vertical to brush in between teeth.
- Brush your tongue to remove bacteria and keep your breath fresh.
- After brushing, you should floss to remove debris in between the teeth. Break off about 18 inches of floss and wind the ends around your two middle fingers. Hold the floss tightly with your index fingers and thumbs and guide it between your teeth using a gentle rubbing motion.
- When the floss reaches the gum, turn it into a C shape against the tooth and use it to rub away debris. Discard the floss once you’ve gone between each tooth and have gotten the backside of your molars on the ends.
- Some patients use a water flosser, which is an effective way to clean between teeth. Follow the instructions for the device and use as instructed.
- Mouthwash is an excellent addition to your oral hygiene routine. Children under 6 should not use mouthwash. Look for a mouthwash that contains fluoride, a proven agent that prevents tooth decay.
How Do I Pick the Right Toothbrush and Toothpaste?
There are tons of oral health products on the shelves and it can be overwhelming to choose the right products for you and your family. To keep it simple, look for the ADA Seal of Acceptance on the product label. This seal means that the product has been evaluated and approved by the American Dental Association. If you’re looking for new products, visit the ADA’s website to search their directory of approved products.
Professional Dental Cleanings in Lehi, UT
We make the entire dental cleaning process seamless and comfortable. At Vero Dental, we take our time with patients because we want everyone to feel at home in our office. Has it been a while since you’ve visited your dentist, or are you due for your next exam? Contact our office today for an appointment.